Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Research and Planning

Van and I have been very busy the past few weeks trying to finalize plans for our trip to Italy this fall. We started in March by booking a tour of Venice, Florence and Rome. We wanted to get there a day early to make sure we didn't miss the start of our tour. So we thought we would fly into Milan, do a little sightseeing and then head on to Venice. But then of course we thought why don't we go two days early and include Verona, or maybe three and see...... So we are now going 5 days early and have a long list of towns we plan to see before our tour starts. A lot of internet research and 3 guide books later, I think we finally have our schedule nailed down.
We wanted to see more of Tuscany, and I don't think our tour really goes outside of Florence so we decided to start our trip in Tuscany. We plan to fly into Pisa, and go directly to Sienna for 2 nights. While in Sienna we will take a day trip to San Gimignano. From Sienna we will go to Pisa and stay 1 night. While in Pisa we will take a day trip to Lucca. We will then head to the Cinque Terre to stay one night. From there we will head to Milan and stay 1 night. The next morning we will tour Verona and then head to Venice for the start of our tour. We have our hotels picked out, now we just have to buy those plane tickets!!

I also signed up for another triathlon that takes place in 1 month!! I was so excited about the location that I lost all reason. The race takes place at Disneyland!! How fun is that? Now I just have to get in really good shape, really fast. I have started a new page specifically dedicated to my race training so that this page doesn't become all about running. Hopefully I will really be able to get those 3 runs a week in now!!!

No comments: