Friday, February 13, 2009

Halfway there!!

Today marks the midway point of my pregnancy. I can't believe it has gone by so quickly. I was very lucky to escape morning sickness, but have definitely been exhausted (hence the absence of posts from me in the past few months). My only other symptoms were some minor heartburn from around Week 6 to Week 8 and a husband who has turned into the paparazzi. As you can see from the last post, I can't do anything without Van taking a picture of it. This child will be well documented.

I had a very special doctors appointment yesterday, the "big ultrasound". After we got there, the doctor told us that if we had brought a DVD we could have recorded the whole thing. We were really frustrated no one told us beforehand. Van had brought a video camera and asked if he could film the ultrasound, but the nurse quickly shot him down. So without further ado, I will leave you with the pictures from our visit (including a few from previous visits) and you can see the big news for yourself.......

1 comment:

Van said...

Our gut instincts couldn't have been more wrong. We were both certain it was going to girl. Isn't Brooke supposed to have some sort of maternal intuition? Besides, all the wives' tales told us it was a girl: the Chinese Gender Chart, the fast fetal heart rate, cravings for sour foods.