Tuesday, May 19, 2009

33 Weeks

A couple of weekends ago we were in L.A. trying to escape the smoke of the Jesusita Fire. It's sad when you need to go to L.A. for fresh air. While in Pasadena, we came across a very good cupcake shop, Dots...

We tried 4 mini cupcakes: apple pie, raspberry cheesecake, red velvet, and chocolate vanilla...


Besides the trip to L.A., we've spent every spare moment trying to clear out the second bedroom (formerly known as The Closet) for future family visits. It's already booked by Brooke's mom for the entire month of July.
The photos below were taken after many hours of cleaning, but obviously we still have a long way to go....



This weekend I bought myself the Nikon D90. It's part of the same model line as my D70s, just 2 generations newer. My favorite improvements are:
1) less noise when shooting in low light
2) 1/4000 second flash sync (I can't wait to try taking sunset portraits)
3) 12.3 megapixels, up from 6.1 megapixels
4) larger LCD and viewfinder
5) much faster upload speed
6) high resolution video (however, there's no autofocus in video mode)

There is one problem with the D90 though...when paired with my favorite lens, the 50mm f1.8, it front focuses by around 10mm. Being off by 10mm means I could be trying to focus on my baby's eyes and the camera would instead focus on the tip of the nose.
I've taken dozens of these test shots. I've even gone back to the store to test their two demo units and always with the same result. I guess the camera and lens were never meant to be used together...


Brooke and I also started a series of 5 birthing classes, plus an infant CPR and breastfeeding class. Here's Brooke, in her usual hide-the-belly sweatshirt, performing CPR....


No comments: