Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Postponed

Today was supposed to be our final day as California residents. We were being forced to move out of our student-housing-apartment due to UCSB Housing's 6-year maximum limit. Instead of finding another apartment for just 3 months while Brooke finishes her dissertation, we had planned on moving to Seattle and flying back down for Brooke's defense. So a month ago, I gave my employer 1-month notice and started making arrangements for professional movers. My coworkers immediately started planning a going-away picnic for me, but two weeks later my employer made me an offer that made it worthwhile to stick around for a few more months.

Last week we signed a 3-month lease for a new apartment (which is only a mile away from the old place) and today we're finally done moving. Here's a photo (taken with my phone) of our final moment in the old apartment....
moving out of FSH


Photos from last week's anti-climactic going-away picnic at Goleta Beach.
The hat belonged to a coworker's 5 year old son, but it fit perfectly over Ryan's helmet....
DSC_1722_R
DSC_1747_R

A familiar sight: Me with a camera and beer in hand....
DSC_1709_R

Mmmmm....carne asada....
DSC_1714_R
DSC_1717_R

At an adjacent picnic area, we saw a group of people slacklining, and of course I had to try. I made about 4 attempts, but managed to get no more than a couple steps away from the tree....
DSC_1740_R
DSC_1734_R

No comments: