Thursday, February 10, 2011

Family Olympics

Back in Oct 16th 2010, I came up with the idea to hold a Family Olympics to help motivate me to workout. It turns out that not even the fear of a humiliating defeat was enough motivation. I managed to workout only once (Oct 18th) in the 3-month period that I had to train.

The events and rules were simple...
  • Events: Pull Ups, Sit Ups (1 minute), Push Ups, 1-mile Run
  • Scoring per event: 5 points for 1st Place, then 3 points, 2 points, 1 point
  • The person with most total points wins!

Here are some photos from competition day....

4 comments:

penny said...

Finally a new post! Ryan is so grown up, I can't believe it!

Anonymous said...

How did you do in each event?

T

Van said...

11 pull ups
49 sit ups
50 push ups
7:45 mile run

The full results are on the last page of the slideshow. Did you see that I have a speedy cousin?
Nathan ran a 5:30-mile in our competition, but his best is about 4:30 and his best 800m is 1:58.

I'll conceed the mile, but I have every intention of winner the other 3 events in our next competition.

Van

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed by all the results (ok maybe not the 1 pullup). I think your best chance of winning is to introduce age groups.

T