Wednesday, March 4, 2009

22 Weeks

Can you believe I've gone a whole week without taking a picture of Brooke's belly? There's nothing exciting to report regarding the pregnancy. Brooke's been having more back pains, but otherwise, no problems.

With only 2 weeks notice, I decided to sign up for the Solvang Half Century, a 50-mile ride from Solvang to Lompoc and back. I suspect all the real bikers are signing up for the Solvang Century (100 miles) and I'll be riding with a bunch of 12 year olds on the kid's course. Oh well. It's the best I can do right now.

For my first ride of the season, I biked down to Santa Barbara, averaging around 17 mph. I was still feeling pretty good by the time a got to Carrillo, at which point the delusional half of my brain took over, telling me to head up to the Mesa. I wish I had worn a heart rate monitor because I'm fairly sure I reached my maximum limit within 30 seconds of starting up the hill. At the first break in the traffic, which happened when I was about halfway up, I quickly pulled a u-turn and headed back down. I still have one more weekend to do a long bike ride, so hopefully I'll be in shape by the Half Century.

As proof we've been working a lot, here's a picture taken at sunrise (6:30am) this weekend. I was dropping Brooke off at her lab before heading to my own work.

Just a random dog at the Farmer's Market this weekend....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bring your camera when we see you guys, I want to play around with it!