Saturday, March 14, 2009

23 Weeks

Last weekend we drove down to Pasadena to meet up with some friends and do some shopping for the baby. Our primary goal was to pick out a stroller. We spent a lot of time at Currant, a baby store in Pasadena's Paseo Colorado mall. The folks there were great, giving us a full demo of the Orbit, Bugaboo Cameleon, Uppababy Vista, Quinny Buzz strollers. So far we are leaning towards the Uppababy....


Checking out cribs at Pottery Barn Kids....


Bubble Tea...Yummmmm.....


Having fun with the features in Photoshop....


The more time we spend in Pasadena, the more we like it. I wish Brooke had applied to graduate school at Cal Tech instead. We took this photo of City Hall on our walk to the car after dinner....


The next day I went for one final training ride before the Solvang Half Century. I started in Goleta, went down to the SB waterfront, headed up the Mesa via Shoreline Drive, down to Las Positas and then back home. I felt much better during this ride than the previous ride. Maybe I'm getting in better shape, or maybe it's just because I avoided Carillo Hill this time. Here are the stats...




This week's WWWT event featured 3 wines from the Wild Horse winery. The identities of the wines, including the varietals, were not revealed until after the tasting. Everyone had to rank their favorites and guess the varietal. The Merlot was the group's favorite, followed by the Cab, then the Pinot. I didn't do so well in guessing the varietals. My guesses were Syrah, Merlot, Pinot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, photoshop makes me look good! How was the race?? Are you ready to do a century now?!