Tuesday, April 7, 2009

27 Weeks - part 3



Van and I were sad to leave San Francisco, it is so nice to spend time in an actual city. You get to see things you just don't see in Santa Barbara, like this pair of quirky twins....


We woke up early on Saturday morning and walked a few blocks to Starbucks to get some coffee. While I was in line, I saw a man picking up his drink at the other end of the bar in his bathrobe. I pointed him out to Van, and he was able to get a shot of him as he walked back to wherever he came from....


We headed to San Jose to visit our friends T&S and their two boys. When we got there, they suggested we go have some frozen yogurt at a new place near their house. I normally don't get too excited about frozen yogurt, but this place turned out to be very exciting. It's called Whimsical Frozen Yogurt and Gelato, and they had the best Gelato I've had since we were in Italy. I have not been able to find anyplace that serves yogurt-flavored Gelato in the states but I found it here. They call it "Whimsical Tart" but it's really just yogurt gelato. You can also build your own frozen yogurt creation with a variety of flavors and toppings you can mix in which is what everybody else did. They also have a whimsical tart flavored frozen yogurt which was really good, but I prefer the texture of gelato.




We spent Sunday morning at Santa Row shopping and honing our child portrait photography skills in preparation for our own little one...



The weekend was such a nice (and well-deserved) break that we did not want it to end.

No comments: