Monday, April 27, 2009

30 Weeks - part 2

Van and I had a very good weekend. My parents arrived on Friday, and my wonderful friend Rupi threw me a baby shower on Saturday so my Mom was able to attend.

The shower was absolutely beautiful. It was on the patio of a restaurant in Santa Barbara called Zaytoon. It was great that the sun came out on what had been forecast to be a cold, cloudy day. Rupi is so talented at putting together parties, every detail was perfect down to the color of the bow ties on the bears on the cupcakes!


We played the poopy-diaper game (no, this did not involve real poop). If you haven't played the poopy diaper game before, the object of the game is to guess the candy bar that when melted, makes the mess below in a diaper.....

We also played the guess how big Brooke's belly is game.... I must look bigger than I am, because except for the winner who guessed pretty much right on, every person guessed at least 5 inches bigger than I am.

The wind came up at the end of the party making taking pictures difficult, but we were able to get one of all of us.... (Rupi is on the far right)

Van was off doing "man things" (drinking beer and playing darts) during most of the shower, so unfortunately he didn't take as many pictures as he normally would. He got a few shots of the place cards and flower arrangements when we got back to our apartment.....



We proceeded to take out all the gifts and play with them until my parents arrived to join us for dinner that night....




It was a great baby shower and I feel so lucky to have such thoughtful and generous friends!

No comments: