Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Seattle Triathlon Weekend (part 2)

Saturday, the day before the race, was also a day filled with all things triathlon. After a leisurely breakfast, we headed to the packet pick-up and expo. There were so many people there. We got our arms marked, picked up our bibs, timing chips and swim caps and then went to get all our goodies. The goodies/race souvenirs we got included a race t-shirt, a reusable grocery bag, a jellybelly sport beans water bottle and a small container of Jif peanut butter. There were also about 5 places where we could get something to drink, Odwalla, Naked Juice, Talking Rain, Nuun and pitchers of water located around the expo. It made it easy for us to stay hydrated.
We had plans to go to a carbo-loading party that evening. On the way there, we dropped our bikes off at the transition area. I think they had more racers than they expected, because every rack in my section had 12 or more bikes on it, when they are only supposed to have 10. I had to rearrange some bikes to get mine in. It was an insanely hot day, over 90 for sure. The party is a tradition of my mom's business partner's family. They have a beautiful house on the Puget Sound where we enjoyed the food and the beautiful view.
We left in time to get to bed relatively early, but I was awoken at around 3 in the morning by really bright lightening and very loud thunder. I thought I was dreaming at first, but it lasted several hours. I started to worry that we were going to have a repeat of last year, but by the time we got to the race start the weather had cleared up.

To see pics from the race, check out my training blog (there's a link on the right sidebar).

No comments: