Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Run #4

Okay, so we fell off the wagon. And unfortunately I don't think we are going to make our 3 runs this week, but we are definitely going to do two. In case you are wondering, I decided we should only do 2 miles each run for two weeks because I want to work back into it slowly. Van can run much, much farther than 2 miles. I'm not sure I can. I hope to do a 3 miler this weekend, but we'll see.
At the urging of my friend Lu, I signed up for a triathlon training program. I plan to do one, and maybe two triathlons this summer. Tomorrow evening is the kick-off party for the training program, so I am looking forward to that. I don't think we actually start training as a group until June though. My first triathlon of the year will be the Seattle Danskin Triathlon. The second one that I am only considering is the Carpinteria Triathlon, which is quite a bit longer than the first one (I am thinking about doing the Olympic distance). I am hoping Lu and the training program can keep me focused and training hard so then I can feel confident enough to sign up for the second one.

No comments: